Friday, December 10, 2010

Call 83 : THE GIFT

Hello Son,                        (continue from Call 82) (Wednesday, December 8)

That evening at home ... 

Mom was preparing an entry for the SILENT THOTs blog for Thursday, the next day. 

After she was done ... 

She scheduled for it to be published at 7am on Thursday. However, for some reason, the entry appeared immediately on the blog that Wednesday night (around dinner time @ 8pm). She wasn't sure what she clicked wrong. She left it, and did not bother to delete and re-schedule. 



After dinner and the washing up, Mom checked her emails.

There was an email from Aunty Barbara. :D

Aunty B had written at 4:52pm. 

About the same time Mom was preparing and typing out the Silent Thot entry.

Mom began to read her email, and couldn't believe her eyes as she came to the second paragraph of the mail. 

The second paragraph read:



Have you listen to Jim Brickman? 

He is one of a kind - totally luv his songs - hear this song called The Gift - there is one verse that has these words and am sure you'll totally luv it :-


All I want is to hold you forever

All I need is you more every day

You saved my heart

from being broken apart

You gave your love away

and I'm thankful every day

for The Gift
 



The last line of the verse that Aunty B had written:



I'm thankful every day for The Gift.


Oh My ...

Just a short while ago, Mom had written in her SILENT THOT  entry, 

a small caption below your baby photo, the words :



"Thank You Lord, for the gift of Daniel."





SILENT THOT #15 : THE BERRY BUSH


Oh Boy ...

Honestly, what are the chances?

What are the chances of writing the line, Thank You Lord, for The Gift of Daniel, and shortly after that, in that same evening, receive a song entitled The Gift in her in-box? 

Hmmm ...

You must have known that your mother would write that line, huh, and probably whispered to Aunty B to send that verse to Mom.

A coinciDANS, no doubt ... :D

Some kind of connection was happening, don't You think?

Obviously ...

Mom read on ...

There were 2 other Jim Brickman's songs she would have to check on later.

A broad smile came upon her face as she read Aunty B's ending :





"Here is wishing you & all your loved ones a "Blessed and Joyful Christmas" and don't 4get that Dan is celebrating it with our Lord round the banquet - now, how awesome can that be - incredible party up there - envy envy ... hopefully Dan can get 1st row sitting as newcomer hor ... 

just thinking that my grandma might be helping in the kitchen as well - dishing out her out-of-this-world potatoe pie & Hong Kong cake - yummy - missed that - hopefully Dan will eat more (on my behalf!!)  Hopefully grandma will come & tell me that she met Dan ..."


Chuckle. 

How cute is that ...

So have You, Son? 

Have You met Aunty B's grandma yet? :D

Dec 24 - Christmas Eve - Somebody's Birthday! :D


And 1st row for newcomer - how about that? :D

Grin.

Christmas in Heaven ...

What an exciting time, Son ... :D 

Drop us a sign and tell us what it's like, kay.

Meanwhile, here's the music video and the full lyrics of the song. Open a separate window for the video so You can view the lyrics at the same time and sing along. 

It's a beautiful song, this one. <3


Jim Brickman & Anne Cochran 





Winter snow is falling down

Children laughing all around

Lights are turning on

Like a fairy tale come true



Sittin' by the fire we made

You're the answer when I prayed

I would find someone

And, baby, I found you



And all I want is to hold you forever

All I need is you more everyday

You saved my heart from being broken apart

You gave your love away 

And I'm thankful everyday 

For The Gift



Watching as you softly sleep

What I'd give if I could keep

Just this moment

If only time stood still


But the colors fade away

And the years will make us gray

But, baby, in my eyes

You'll still be beautiful


And all I want is to hold you forever

All I need is you more everyday

You saved my heart from being broken apart

You gave your love away 

And I'm thankful everyday

For The Gift


And all I want is to hold you forever

All I need is you more everyday

You saved my heart from being broken apart

You gave your love away 

I can't find the words to say 

I'm thankful every day

For The Gift