Monday, December 6, 2010

Call 79 : NEW WORLD

Hello Son,                               (continue from Call 78) (Saturday, December 4)



It's amazing how You can speak right to my heart

Without saying a word, You can light up the dark

Try as I may, I could never explain 

What I hear when You don't say a thing ...



The smile on your face lets me know that You're near me

There's a truth in your eyes saying You'll never leave me

The touch of your hand says You'll catch me

Whenever I fall

You say it best, when You say nothing at all ...




Mom gazed out of the window, as Grandma drove to the next hotel in town. 

Your mother was still a bit dazed from the connection that struck, when the above song came on as we were leaving the petrol station - safely. 


Try as I may I could never explain, 

What I hear when You don't say a thing ... 



It's true You know ... Mom just do not know how to explain that.

You say it best, Son, when You say nothing at all ...


Fast forward ...

Skipping the search for the perfect wedding venue ...



It was about 5:30 pm ...

... when Mom reminded Grandma about Mass that Saturday evening. Aunty Carol and Justine will be meeting us there. 

Mom called it a day. Grandma refused at first, but finally agreed reluctantly. The search for the perfect venue shall have to continue tomorrow (Sunday).  

Grandma was still quite stressed about not finding the place. 

She needed the venue for the wedding cards which the groom's side is preparing. 

They were waiting for Grandma's reception-address.





Just then, a beautiful song came on.


The time was 5:38pm.


Another one of your mother's dinosaur songs. 

More significantly, we had sung this song at your Farewell Mass. 

It was the Ending Hymn, if You remember.




There's A New World Somewhere.




How amazing that You've made your presence felt the whole day. 

Just when we were heading to church, your church-song comes on. 

Not just any song, but a song that we sang for You before we send You off.  


You definitely knew we were going to church. 


You're just right next to Mom, she knows.

That brought a big smile on your mother's face.


Thank You Lord, for the gift of my Daniel-Son, 

Mom communicated her thoughts to God. 

Did God get her message, You think?


She leaned back into her seat, and replayed your Farewell moment in her head. By the way, this song hit the charts and stayed at Number 1 for two weeks in 1965. 

It's a good song. Would sound nice on the guitar. 

Go learn how to play this, kay.




 There's a new world somewhere 

They call The Promised Land 

And I'll be there some day 

If you will hold my hand

I still need you there beside me 

No matter what I do 

For I know I'll never find another you 


There is always someone

For each of us they say 

And you'll be my someone 

For ever and a day 

I could search the whole world over 

Until my life is through 

But I know I'll never find another you 


It's a long, long journey

So stay by my side 

When I walk through the storm 

You'll be my guide 

Be my guide 




If they gave me a fortune

My pleasure would be small 

I could lose it all tomorrow 

And never mind at all 

But if I should lose your love, dear 

I don't know what I'd do 

For I know I'll never find another you 



But if I should lose your love, dear

I don't know what I'd do 

For I know I'll never find another you 

Another you 

Another you



By The Seekers


 
We arrived at church a short while later. 

We were late. 

The Novena had started, and as we were walking towards the entrance, we heard the hymn that was being sung by the congregation :




HOW GREAT THOU ART




ZZZ-aPPP.

Instant flashback to Lourdes Sept 2009 ... 

Aunty Laura and Mom were in her car, driving behind the ambulance which was ferrying You from Lourdes Hospital to the medical center in Pao, about 45 minutes' drive away. This is Aunty Laura's favorite song. Each time, Mom heard her hum a song, it would be this one. We had said our rosary in the car, to calm our jittery nerves, or Mom's rather, and we had sang this hymn.


How Great Thou Art ...


You're really making your presence felt the whole day, Son ... :D


We walked up to the row on the right side, towards the front. 

Aunty Carol and Justine were already there. 

We slipped in the bench-pew in front of them. 

They were kneeling, and we didn't want to disrupt.


Novena was on. 

We were on our knees. 

There's always power when we are down on our knees. 






Yes, truly ... You just wait and listen to what happened next. :D

A connection is about happen!

A lady-friend of Grandma's came and sat right in FRONT of us. The bench in front of us. Nothing unusual about that. Everything was as normal as can be.


Shortly after, her husband came and sat beside her. 

He was at the edge of the bench-pew, and so was Mom, which meant he was sitting RIGHT - IN - FRONT of Mom.

ZZZ-aPPP!!!


OMG ...


You can't be serious ...


(continue on Call 80)