Saturday, April 9, 2011

Call 188 : AWARD CEREMONY

Hello Son,


This morning, Dad, Mom and Grandma attended Justine's award presentation ceremony in school. This would be the last and final time we attend a ceremony at this school. 


How quickly 11 years just flew by ...


Approaching the stairs leading up to the assembly hall, a boy called out, 

"Auntie!" 


Mom turned to see one of your school mate, D, who has been in school with You since kindergarten. He was at a distance, he didn't have to call. Mom's glad he did. It immediately triggered precious memories of You and your friends ... kindergarten concerts, birthday parties at MegaKids and the swimming pool ...


You must have whispered to him, 


"Yoe Bro, say hi to my Mom ... " :D


We were in school early ... and sat on the first available row of seats for the parents. 


A few moments later, Mom heard the TITANIC music playing overhead ...


The time was 9:15 am. 




The perfect song to tell us right from the start of the day that You're with us ... 


See how You introduced the song? When all thoughts are on You, the song slowly comes on ...






ZAP ZAP ZAP ...








Every night in my dreams
I see You I feel You
That is how I know You go on

Far across the distance
And spaces between us
You have come to show You go on

Near far wherever You are
I believe that the heart does go on
Once more You open the door
And You're here in my heart
And my heart will go on and on

Love can touch us one time
And last for a lifetime
And never let go till we're gone
Love was when I loved You
One true time I hold to
in my life we'll always go on

Near far wherever You are
I believe that the heart does go on
Once more You open the door
And You're here in my heart
And my heart will go on and on

You're here, there's nothing I fear
And I know that my heart will go on
We'll stay forever this way
You are safe in my heart
And my heart will go on and on






The Movie








By Celine Dion.





At 10 am, the ceremony started. Would You believe it but your mother was teary-eyed at Negaraku? How ridiculous is that? It must be the new PA system - the patriotic music was so clear it just ... Got -- To -- Her ...


Dad and Mom were pleasantly surprised to find that Justine would be receiving 3 awards today:

For her perfect score in the SPM, for top in History and Best SPM Student in the Science Stream. :D

We are so proud and happy for her. You must have showed your sister off to all your angel friends up there. :D



At one point during the ceremony, before Justine received her awards, Dad leaned over to Mom and solemnly whispered, 


"I keep seeing Daniel walking everywhere ..."


Mom found herself sighing in agreement ... 


Yeah, she understood what Dad meant. 


You're just everywhere ...


She dug her hand into her handbag to get her cell phone. She wanted to record what Dad had said, so she wouldn't forget. Looking down on her cell, Mom stared at the time. 


OMG ...


Excitedly, she pointed to Dad, "Look at the time!"


It was 11:11 am.



Decode : 4






Who is Number Four???

See Call 43 : Angel Sign
And Call 150 : Number Four



Mom said happily, "Daniel's here with us. He wants us to know that." :D 


Honestly, had it been one minute earlier or later, there would have been no ZAP. Your timing is always right on the dot!


A short while later, the song HEY THERE DELILAH came on the PA system. The time was 11:16 am.



Zzzzzaaaa -- pppp !!!!

See Call 41 : So Pretty









I'm a thousand miles away 
But girl, tonight You look so pretty
Yes, You do
Times Square can't shine as bright as You
I swear it's true

Don't You worry about the distance
I'm right there if You get lonely
Give this song another listen
Close your eyes
Listen to my voice it's my disguise
I'm by your side




Yeah Son, Mom knows ... that was your way of telling your sister that You were right with her, by her side, cheering and celebrating with her, on this joyous day. 


Justine told Mom later, after the event, that she was singing the DELILAH song when it came on.  


Of course, of course, she would be ... :D



Way to go, Justine! <3

Let's have a look ... :D

We're so very proud of You, Jus ... :D

Ooooohhhhh ...

 You must have seen us grinning from ear to ear today ...


I feel good ... na na na na na na na ...

Smart babes all in a row ...

The English teacher says she has been with Justine's class since Form 2 and has a soft spot for her batch ... Awww ...

Congratulations Girls !!! :D 
A proud moment for your family indeed.

After the ceremony, Justine drove us to Ikano. She wanted to have steamboat for lunch. We think You must have reserved this nice parking for your sister. :D

Ooh, look at all the steaming hot smoke coming from the soup that's boiling at max heat ...

Dad made us all turn down the heat ... :D

Grandma had the curry chicken set, whilst Justine and Mom ordered the lamb set.

Dad had the seafood set with clear soup.



After lunch, we went to the bookstore. 


It was barely 5 minutes when Justine pointed her finger upwards and started singing along the song that had come on ...


You can count on me, like one two three

I'll be there 



Zzzzzaaaa -- pppp!!!!

See Call 70 : Count On Me





You can count on me, Jus ...

I'll be there ...



The perfect song to end our day. :D